What is pain?
Pain is an uncomfortable or unpleasant physical feeling, often caused by intense or damaging stimuli such as stubbing your toe or breaking a bone. Pain is often categorised into two groups:
- Acute pain – short bursts of pain often lasting for less than 12 weeks
- Chronic pain – longer term pain that lasts for 12 weeks or more
Depending on the type of pain that a patient has, a healthcare professional may provide advice and/or medication to support the patient with managing their pain.
What treatments are available?
There are many treatments available to support patients with the management of pain. The treatment choice made by a healthcare professional will depend on where the pain is originating from, how long it has lasted for, and what may be causing it. The best way to find the most effective support is for patients to speak with their healthcare professional and seek their advice.
What Onexila® XL is and what it is used for
- Onexila XL is a centrally acting, strong painkiller from the group of opioids.
- Onexila XL is used to treat severe pain, which can be adequately managed only with opioid analgesics
- Onexila XL is indicated in adults, and adolescents aged 12 years and older.
Further information on Onexila® XL
The information on this website is not intended as a substitute for medical advice.